Struggling with your lawn? Fighting a losing battle against crabgrass? Wishing it didn’t take so darn long for the green to return after winter? Well, Scotts Turf Builder Halts Crabgrass Preventer with Lawn Food might have an answer for you. Designed to give your lawn that green kick it needs as well as fight invading undesirables like crabgrass, this product works on a variety of lawn types.
But don’t take our word for it: Scotts Turf Builder Halts Crabgrass Preventer with Lawn Food has a wide range of fans, as well as a few detractors, so we’ve perused their stories in order to bring you this review, chockfull of information in the form of features, pros and cons, and some thoughts from actual customers like you.
Scotts Turf Builder Halts Crabgrass Preventer with Lawn Food provides multiple benefits at once.
- Acts as a crabgrass deterrent all season long
- Feeds your lawn so that it turns green quickly after the winter lull
- Improves moisture and nutrient absorption to keep turf healthier than its unfed counterparts
- Useful for a wide variety of established grasses, including Bermuda grass, St. Augustine grass, fine fescue, Kentucky blue grass, perennial rye grass, and blends of these grasses
When applied in early spring, this product halts crabgrass in its tracks as well as turning lawns green quickly, for weed-free enjoyment all spring, summer and fall.
The vast majority of customers who use this product love it. Not only does it knock out crabgrass before it takes root, it also prevents dandelions and clover from overtaking your lawn. Other benefits include:
- Works efficiently and well, within 1 month or less after application
- Results are consistent, year after year
- Scotts professionals offer additional services to help you get a healthy lawn, if needed
- Brings winter grass back to life very quickly
- Works well to help new sod get a foothold
- Encourages thick, densely growing grass so weeds from neighbors’ yards or wild areas have a harder time taking root
- Is not as harmful to other landscape plants as some weed and feed products, so you don’t need to worry as much about keeping it on the lawn only
The few customers who didn’t like Scotts Turf Builder Halts Crabgrass Preventer with Lawn Food were skeptical about its ability to prevent weeds and complained that it stopped working after a while. Other problems you might experience are:
- Should not be applied within 100 feet or so of rivers, wells or other sources of water
- May not provide quite as big a yield as advertised, but even when covering less square footage works well
- Is not for sale in Pinellas County, FL, so on the offchance you live there, take note
What Do Customers Have to Say?
I have found that using Scotts Turf Builder over the years that our problems are limited. I usually will spread the fertilizer in our yard in mid to late March and we will have a healthy lawn within 1 month or less … This product works and it works quickly and effectively...Tarun – Read the Full Review on Amazon
I've tried many different brands for lawn fertilizer & weed killer but I find that I keep going back to the Scotts brand. By far it gives me the best results, so I feel it's worth the price...Kelly – Read the Full Review on Amazon
Now you’ve got the full scoop on Scotts Turf Builder Halts Crabgrass Preventer with Lawn Food. So what do you think? Will you use it this year on your lawn? Are you already a diehard fan? Leave your thoughts, experiences and/or questions in the comment field below.