Although zoysia grass has a reputation for being hard to grow, this review will seek to show that a product such as Zenith Zoysia Grass Seed 100% Pure Seed can be a worthwhile expenditure provided you are willing to put in the time and effort required to grow a more demanding grass type. If you are, however, the reward of thick, lush, green grass can be yours!
In order to determine whether this type of grass is for you, we’ve laid out a few of the product’s primary features as well as the main pros and cons listed by real consumers like you. Before buying your grass seed, read on and find out if Zenith Zoysia Grass Seed 100% Pure Seed is the turf answer you’ve been looking for.
The Agri-Fab 45-0288 175-Pound Max Tow Behind Drop Spreader comes with many features that make it a worthwhile purchase for people looking to cover a large area in a short amount of time, as well as people who enjoy a quality, durable product. These include:
- Adaptable to both full sun and light shade
- 100 percent pure seed, which means there’s no mulch mixed in
- Even, dark green color that makes for an attractive lawn
- 2,000 square feet of coverage per 2-pound bag
And remember, in order to have success growing this grass type, you must wait until after the last frost has passed in USDA Zones 8 and below, as fall sowing will kill the grass in colder temperatures. So why do people like this grass so much?
The main appeal of zoysia grass is its good looks, and Zenith Zoysia Grass Seed 100% Pure Seed does not blend other types with their seed, so you get pure zoysia when you buy this product. Customers also like that it:
- Is superior to more expensive sod, so saves you money
- Is hard to kill and somewhat drought resistant once established
- Requires fewer chemicals and water to look good and stay healthy, once established
- Has great leaf texture
- Grows in thickly once established
- Is very weed resistant once the lawn has grown in
The main complaint about Zenith Zoysia Grass Seed 100% Pure Seed is that it does not germinate quickly, although satisfied customers are careful to point out that you do need to wait at least 2 weeks to give the seed a proper chance. Thus, the main strikes against it are:
- It grows fairly slowly and can be difficult to seed at home
- Some customers believe the product is too pricey, although others believe it is worth the cost
- May not work as well north of the Mason-Dixon line, where it will be too brown much of the year
What Do Customers Have to Say?
Given the low cost of seeded zoysia compared to plugged, a seeded zoysia lawn is still a good option for many people, as even a seeded zoysia lawn still has many of the advantages of zoysia in terms of weed resistance and low water use...Great Faulkner’s Ghost – Read Full Review on Amazon
And now it’s time to share your thoughts. Would you buy this seed in order to have the loveliest lawn on the block, even if it requires a little sweat equity at first? If you’ve tried it, share your opinions and advice below, and let us know if you have any questions.